The group has expertise in modelling and experimental testing of noise control technologies. The research group has anechoic and reverbartion acoustic chambers, wind tunnels, and a large inventory of instrumentation.
Examples of research projects include:
- Transmission loss of inflatable structures.
- Characteristisation of the acoustic absorption of carbon-nanotubes.
- Passive noise control in the payload bay of rocket lauch vehicles.
- Modelling and design of silencers for power stations.
- Directivity of noise from exhaust stacks caused by cross-flow and temperature gradients.
- Flow visualisation of Helmholtz resonators in a moving air flow.
For more information contact Professor Ben Cazzolato